Friday 18 February 2011

Lunch with Cliff Huxtable

I visited an Azerbaijani restaurant last weekend and while the food was quite good(lamb and potatoes lovingly drenched in oil and herbs and served with pomegranate seeds atop flat-bread), the experience itself was rather more interesting.  

One of the problems, I find, when I relocate to another country is that the novelty soon wears off and I'm faced with the task of having to actively search out what is different-what basically makes me want to stay and discover more about the country.  The following two photos I took during lunch served to remind me that while I'm still technically in Europe, I'm actually decidedly behind the former Iron Curtain.

The only way this photograph could be even more Russian, is if a bear was chauffeuring Putin somewhere in the Lada.  While drinking vodka.

Mmm.  Suddenly oval burgers don't seem that bad an option.
_________________________________________________________________


"How say...?  Fryg-TITANED?!"


-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment