Tuesday 1 February 2011

Buyer's Remorse

I regard myself as being a savvy consumer (thanks to Martin Lewis, mostly): I rarely do/buy anything without giving it the meticulous consideration that most people would normally reserve for their children's education.  I spend countless hours weighing up pros and cons, debating endlessly how the product will change my life for the better, before finally opting to be frugal and stick the cash in a savings account instead.


Nevertheless, I made an impulse purchase recently that in retrospect seemed far more attractive in the store.  I convinced myself I was in dire need and found absolutely no reason whatsoever why I shouldn't fork out for it.  When I got it home and out of its packaging, however, I started to notice a variety of faults that, if I'd been less impulsive and less swayed by the convenience and immediacy of the product, I would have most certainly not gone to the trouble of obtaining it.  


I don't castigate myself every time I make an uninformed choice, but I hate that feeling I get when I know that if I'd waited a little longer, I could have had something far superior.


I hate shopping.


___________________________________________________________________


"DR. GRANT."


-D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment