Saturday 19 February 2011

Ice Cold in Moscow

I always feel like I'm running at a temperature slightly hotter than the majority of people-I put it down to natural variance in biology, but in truth, it's probably that I eat like a fucking pig and am overweight.  Due to this, I generally prefer cold weather: bedroom windows are left open overnight so that there is a constant supply of fresh air (doesn't help that I fart like a trooper in my sleep, either) and while I wrap up in inclement weather, I don't need to sport two beanies like Ass-hat.


Anyway, I had to make a quick trip to the local Produkty (a  corner chain-store) this morning as I'd run out of bacon for breakfast and that's when it hit me how cold it was.  Usually I can get to the store and back without the need to clothe myself like Ernest fucking Shackleton, yet this time the exposed parts of my face burned, my eyes watered and it felt like my face was inextricably being frozen into a grimace.  I had to actually wiggle my jaw to get feeling back.


It was -24°C.   


_________________________________________________________________


"Can you believe they wanted to call it Highway Crossing Frog?"


-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment