Friday 6 May 2011

Beer and Movies

With a long weekend ahead due to May 9th Celebrations taking place all over Russia on Monday, I thought I'd post an update to say how I'm spending a Friday evening.  I've invited some old and new friends over for the night: Erdinger Weissbier, Weihenstephaner Original, Hoegaarden, Hofbrauhaus, Paulaner and 'The Untouchables' Special Edition.


Sure, I'm a little inebriated; sure the acting is a little hammy; however, the direction (De Palma), the story arc (Mamet-for the love of Christ check out 'Glengarry Glenross' if you haven't seen it already) and the score (I fucking love Ennio Morricone) all contribute to what was a resoundingly good (if slightly melodramatic) interpretation of the Ness-Capone stand-off.  Here's hoping that Season 2/3 of Boardwalk Empire might verge in that direction. 


"Blah, blah, blah-Insecure semi-xenophobic comment-but it doesn't matter because somehow I'll get killed off at the very end of the second act and your final retribution will be perfectly justified."
I know I've been rather lax in updating of late, but there's some good news and a little bad news to follow in the next week or so, so stay tuned.
_________________________________________________________________


"A man become pre-eminent, he is expected to have enthusiasms...enthusiasms...enthusiasms... What are mine? What draws my admiration?  What is that which gives me joy?"


-D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment