Wednesday 12 January 2011

Warning: A Geek Moment Pt. 2

I should just 'fess up right here and now: I've been watching a lot of Star Trek: The Next Generation lately.  I'm not a Trekkie (no, really), but I do have quite a soft spot for Sir Patrick Stewart.  A good friend of mine worked with him a few years back and the good Captain was heard to remark when the production wrapped, "Barney-we'll have to go for a drink sometime when I get back from the States."  I can hear that rich baritone course through my veins every time I read that quote.  


Although it's nigh on impossible to not have some love for the man, I think I fell in love with him even more when I saw this, this and this


And, of course, he starred in one of my favourite Simpsons episodes.


As far as I'm concerned, the James Corden incident never happened.  Either that, or Stewart was trolling to the nth degree.  I haven't quite decided yet.


Mere coincidence that they're both bald and wrinkly?

Anyway, after the little Soviet surprise I was treated to a few days ago, another familiar face appeared:
I experienced a little nerd-gasm.
I really need to get round to watching Season 4...
___________________________________________________________


"You're so stolid. You weren't like that before the beard."


-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment