Tuesday 14 September 2010

So, this is what it's come to? Again?

Fuck, fuckety, fuck-fuck.

No, really.

Now, I know I'm a moany bugger at the best of times-it kind of comes with the territory-but after working like a bitch doing my post-grad and first year of probation, I'd come to expect that I would get a job in the UK.  Forgotten were the years of doing my 'Kung-Fu' thing and walking the land-these were now to be replaced by the notion of a secure, but relatively mundane existence in central-belt Scotland:  folks gabbing about the latest X-Factor at the proverbial water-cooler; the dejection experienced upon finding that tax has risen again; yet another pishy day, where the work-day is whiled away wishing you were anywhere else but here.

What with a job shortage that's afflicting most of the sector I work in throughout Scotland, I'm now kind of relegated to searching abroad since I'm not really what they are looking for at the moment: 

"Tone down the ambition."
"You didn't give us enough specific strategies for this initiative."
"It took you a while to get to the answer we were looking for."
"Sorry you've been unsuccessful-it was a close call between you and another candidate." 

It would be sad if I'd got any of the jobs I'd interviewed for, because, if truth be told, they don't have what I'm really looking for either.

I'm now in the process of applying to several different jobs abroad and, given half a chance, this would be my destination of choice:

The bright lights of Mega-City One.



Pollution; heightened risk of food poisoning, disease and terrorism; horrid traffic; flooding; unbearable humidity; volcanoes and the ring of fire; the list goes on. 

That's what I'm looking for.

Can't fuckin' wait. =)

_____________________________________________________________________

"This is Galco, which is Hebrew for kindness."
"Galco?"

-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment